This short essay based on scientific research, is presented to help us recognize the need to take rest early each night (latest before 10 pm) and to wakeup at least before sunrise (average 6.30 am) each morning in order receive Supreme Success and live Balance and Healthy lifestyle.
Special thanks goes to Kirti Mataji for Internet researching the topic of sleep and providing the printed scientific reports and conclusions which form the basis of this article. After conducting hundreds of experiments on sleep and health, the world’s leading scientists have discovered that to keep optimum health, one should sleep early after sunset and rise before sunrise. The best hours of sleep for your body, mind and intelligence are between before 8 pm till 3 am, quite good before 9 pm till 4 am, good good enough before 10 pm till 5 am. As English Proverb promise and encourage us, “Early to bed, early to rise, make one healthy, wealthy and wise.” Going to bed after 11 pm, midnight or even after 1 am is extremely harmful to human health and is a direct cause of many modern “killer diseases” such as heart disease and cancer.
Nature acts and moves according to precise rhythm cycles influenced by the rotation of the earth, sun and moon. Daily the sun rises and sets, the seasons come and go, the moon waxes and wanes, and the ocean tides rise and fall. The function of sleeping and wakefulness is part of this natural rhythm. In Nature, one finds that the animals and plants are awake and asleep in tune with these rhythms. Human beings also have natural rhythms.
Our human bodies, like Mother Nature, function according to natural cycles, body rhythms commonly called the internal body clock or the biological clock. Disruptions of the natural functions of our biological clock due to improper habits and incorrect sleeping patterns cause many different diseases. When our bodies are out of balance and not functioning in harmony with nature, nothing seems to feel right. This is because hormones, chemicals and neurotransmitters that determine our energy levels, vitality, and how we feel, sleep and eat are out of sync. In other words, we are imbalanced and out of tune with our biological clock and going against the natural harmony established by Mother Nature. Prior to the widespread use of electricity, as seen in Indian villages fifty years ago, people would go to bed shortly after sunset, as most animals do and which Nature intended for humans as well. The best hours of sleep for your body are the hours of 10 pm – 6 am.
These hours and what your body is naturally programmed to do during these hours (see chart below), are governed by the movements of the sun and the 24-hour natural rhythm cycle of your internal body clock – both of which are beyond your control. During these times (10 pm – 6 am), human body is designed to be at a state of rest, repair, detoxification (elimination of waste products and poisons) and rejuvenation. Our bodies are produced by Mother Nature. If we act foolishly and go against the natural order and design of our body, we will pay the price by getting various diseases and problems. For example, if your body is overtaxed digesting a heavy late meal or you are up late (after 10 pm) working, playing, watching TV or computer, your vital body energy is focused there and not available for rest and rejuvenation.
The biological clock and your internal organs, the main internal organs of your body work according to a “Time Schedule.” Knowing how your body works can help you regulate your schedule in order to attain the optimum level of health and well-being.
- 9.00 pm – 11.00 pm: At this time, your body eliminates toxic chemicals from the immune system (lymph nodes). * Best time is to go in bed and asleep before 8 pm, good enough before 9pm, latest before 10 pm it is still healthy. Generally in some sense from 8pm till 10pm rest our intelligence, ability to make Balanced and Healthy decisions. From 10pm till 12 mid night rest our mind, ability to think and contemplate. Ability to cope, digest and show in healthy way our emotions. From 12 mid night rest our growth material body.
- 11.00 pm – 1.00 am: This is the time your liver eliminates poisons and rejuvenates itself. *It is best to be sound asleep by 9 pm or 10 pm for your body to properly execute this important function.
- 12.00 midnight – 4.00 am: this is the time your bone marrow produces blood.
- 1.00 am – 3.00 am: This is the time your gall bladder eliminates toxins and rejuvenates itself.
- 3.00 am – 5.00 am: This is the time your lungs eliminate toxins and rejuvenate themselves.
- 4.00 am – 7.00 am: This is the time your colon eliminates poisons and rejuvenates itself. This is the proper time to empty your bowel.
- 7.00 am – 9.00 am: This is the time that vitamins, minerals, proteins and nutrients are absorbed in your small intestines. Definitely it is healthy eat breakfast at this time.
Global scientists have concluded that everyone should go to bed early (falling asleep max before 10 pm) to obtain quality sleep, which will ensure proper physical regeneration. For adult in healthy conduction regularly need on average 7 hours (for some adults it can be even up to 8.5 hours) sound sleep per every single night. Children, old people, sick people, pregnant mothers generally need even more sleep. When you co-operate with your internal biological clock and allow Nature to take her course, you will feel refreshed, joyful and energized when you wake up before 6.30 am Going to bed before 10 pm is essential to keep the human body in tune with Nature and to remain healthy, happy and holy.
Recommended links: Sound Sleep Tips For Balanced and Healthy lifestyle, Importance of Sleep,
Recommended categories: Healthy sleeping
The materials used of the By HH Mahanidhi Swami Article “Be Healthy, Happy and Holy — Sleep by 10 pm”
Your ever well-wisher with love and encouragement BVG Janaka das
3 Aug 2011 – https://bhls.wordpress.com