Do you feel stressed? Is stress affecting your life? How do you deal with stress?
Stress is simply the response of the body and mind in reaction to events or external influences. Many people go on with their day feeling stressed from their jobs, house work, life events, and responsibilities to their families. It is crucial that you know what type of situations make you stressed, so you can learn how to manage stress and anxiety.
The quick guide for dealings with stress
1. Talk about how you feel – When you feel stressed and feel that there is something bothering you, talk about it with your father, mother, husband, wife, friend, or anyone else who is close to you. Expressing your emotions helps reduce stress and in many cases, you will discover ways of how to deal with it.
2. Take a break – One of the best things you could do when you feel stressed is to take a break. Take a long walk and then you can come back and solve any problem that you feel stressed about.
3. Help people – If you always find yourself worrying about yourself, try to help others to take the focus off of yourself. Help put a smile on someone’s face. You will be amazed how this small move will affect you.
4. Stop taking things seriously – Remember that stubbornness and taking things seriously all the time will hurt you and will not benefit you. It is better for you and your body to start taking things lightly, so you can avoid stress.
5. Stop multitasking – Many times people try to multitask and do more than one thing at the same time. While multitasking is good in some ways, it is better to focus on one task at a time, so you won‘t get overwhelmed. To stop multitasking, you have to learn time management skills and how to prioritize.
6. Stop criticizing others – Some people get stressed if someone like their partner or child doesn’t do what they ask of him and if that person fails to fulfill their expectations. Remember that everyone has his own abilities, values and everyone does mistakes. It is part of humanity. Instead of criticizing someone, try to look for the positive qualities that they possess and help them improve themselves.
7. Meditate – It is no secret that meditation is one of the best methods used to alleviate stress as it helps you take your mind off the current stressful situation and helps you to clear your thoughts.
Always remember what Richard Carlson said, “Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.”
Used materials from (24 Mar 2011): http://www.2achieveyourgoals.com/how-to-deal-with-stres