1. Sense Control and Master of the Mind – An uncontrolled mind will be ones greatest enemy and salve of the senses. Regulating the senses and focusing the intellect stop the mind’s sabotaging effects and makes it a great friend and a doctor to the soul.
2. Humility – Recognizing God as the controller and being dependent on Him, never overreacting to fame, success or position and while dealing with “the many” not overlooking “the one.”
3. Fearlessness – Confidence come from continuously validating conclusions through a three-fold check and balance system of spiritual mentors, saints and Holy Scriptures.
4. Truthfulness – Always ready to speak truth in a way that elevate whomever hears it.
5. Compassion and Pridlessness – One is determined and finds joy in doing whatever is necessary to genuinely benefit others. Ready to go the extra mile to assist.
6. Material Exhaustion and Disinterest in Material Rewards – Having disgust with mundane culture and achievements.
7. No Idle Time – Always extremely accountable to God and to those one serves. Knowing time belongs to Him and not oneself.
8. Patience and Selflessness – Desperate to attain the goals while depending on the Lord’s mercy.
9. Firm Faith – This come from mature consciousness and purified perception.
10. Perseverance – One is not destroyed by difficult challenges or setbacks, bat regroups and becomes an even more determined and better warrior. The greater the challenge, the more expert is the performance.
11. Curiosity and Enthusiasm to Learn and Grow – Equipoised in happiness and distress. Never becomes complacent from past success or present conflicts. One eagerly learns and grows from both.
12. Surrender to Divine Will – Offering fully one’s body, mind and word in God’s service. All previous 11 tools now help one to fully surrender to the Godhead in connection with Divine Power.
Material prepared by BVG Janaka das – https://bhls.wordpress.com
Last changes was made: 28 Feb 2011