Perfect Zen The Surprising Secret to Unceasing Serenity
Inhaling and exhaling goes hand in hand with the beating of our hearts. We do it 20,000 times a day, but if you don’t do it right you are affecting your health and happiness in a negative way.
Without breath, there is no life. Are you living without life?
Here are ways to ensure you are breathing well and living right:
1. Getting Oxygen. Without it, you die in minutes. Filling your daily life with different forms of aerobic exercise gives your body endurance, builds healthy muscles, and is energizing. Finding simple ways to nurture you mind and body through activities like walking, swimming, jogging, or dancing will add years to your life.
2. Inhale Deeply. Breathing deeply from your diaphragm, through your nose with your mouth closed, then holding it for 8 seconds is the proper way to take a deep breath. Most people take shallow breaths. This is the source of a lot of headaches because the brain is not receiving enough oxygen.
3. Breathing With Power. Take 10 power breaths, three times per day. This means inhaling for eight seconds, holding your breath for 32 seconds, then exhaling for 16 seconds. This is a power breathing exercise used by many yogis and is a simple, remarkable gift for your body.
4. Finding a Quiet Space. Being in a quiet, peaceful and relaxing space for at least 15 minutes is a great way to jump start your path to serenity. Dim the lights, find a comfortable chair or pillow that will allow you to sit with your feet on the floor. Listen to the stillness and practice your deep power breathing to find a peaceful zone.
5. Visualizing Bliss. We all have a sweet spot for things that make us truly happy. What gives you pure joy? Visualizing pleasure is the fastest way to change your state and leave your stress behind. Another way to enhance the visualization process is to create a photo journal to help you find happiness immediately and focus on the reality of the picture to give yourself a break from the moment at hand.
6. Washing Away The Stress. After a long day of being bombarded by the daily grind, 10 minutes of a warm bath is just enough to take you to a place of serenity. Find your lavender, peppermint, candles and soft music to create the zen like space your body and mind deserves. And don’t forget to drink a glass of cool water with a sprig of mint to stay hydrated.
When you are able to remove negative thoughts and emotions from your mind by taking time to breathe, you will feel an inner confidence because you are making a positive deposit into the serenity bank. Stress and unrealistic expectations from all areas of your life can create an imbalance mentally and emotionally.
By taking time and space to breathe, you can create an invisible shield that will protect your peaceful state of mind so that you can create and build a better life with calm confidence.
Related materials on our website: Proper breathing animated picture, People who breathe optimally rarely or never get sick
Material from (14 Apr 2011): http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/perfect-zen-the-surprising-secret-to-unceasing-serenity/